System Administration Features and Functions
System administration requirements refer to the design of the network that is necessary to make it efficient.
- Users do not have to download or install anything on the client side because tasks can be done via a browser
- Order forms and workflows are customizable using web administration tools
- Point and click administration of products, rules, etc.
- Object-oriented modeling tool allows users without programming skills to create and maintain configuration models
- Imports master data about users and their companies via Excel
- Imports products and their categories and attributes via Excel
- Attributes can be imported independently of products via Excel
- Imports an unlimited amount of tables that can be used for various lookups, such as pricing, product information, dimensions, etc. via Excel
- Exports and imports configured products including all the rules and formulas via XML.
- An unlimited number of users can be defined once, copied, and modified
- An unlimited number of companies can be defined once, copied, and modified
- An unlimited number of user groups can be defined once, copied, and modified
- An unlimited number of statuses can be defined once, copied, and modified
- An unlimited number of workflow actions can be defined once, copied, and modified
- An unlimited number of permissions can be defined once, copied, and modified
- Stores an unlimited number of options and attributes in feature groups to assist in sales order entry, planning, and scheduling
- All existing component selection and validation rules can be changed with zero downtime
- Creates new product families within the configuration online, without performing any system rebuilds or reconfigurations
- Publishes content for users on bulletin boards or on a "home page"
- Uses authoring tools to create, modify, or validate catalog entries
- Fully on-demand administration tools enable globally disparate administration teams
- Adds channel partners with or without licenses to other integrated applications
- Emulates Salesforce, Siebel, Microsoft Dynamic CRM, etc. user setup online
- Administrator can upload new data sets in real time
- Workflow setup, administration console, and real time set up
- Selective upgrading so customers can be upgraded according to their needs and schedule
Deployment and Administration Features and Functions