PIM Capabilities Features and Functions
Product information management (PIM) refers to the processes and technologies that are used to market and sell products.
- Imports all common types of data formats: ASCII txt, csv, XML, EDI, etc.
- Data mapping, and integration and synchronization with legacy systems and SQL-compliant databases
- Data control via rules, duplication, and exception management
- Multilingual structured (attributes) and unstructured (multimedia files) content management
- Pricing management can be done through multiple criteria
- Advanced assistants or wizards for classification mapping, translation, and spelling
- Arbitrary classification for reporting or discounting purposes
- Simplified rule syntax allow business users to create and maintain product and pricing rules
- Replaces a lengthy rule or calculation with a single code so that the entire rule doesn’t need to be re-entered in multiple locations
- Publishes product data sets as a single file that can be deployed to multiple applications where the data is needed
Product Configuration and Presentation Features and Functions