Inventory Management--Online Requirements Features and Functions
- Maintain item number history of usage, both planned and unplanned, and purged upon a specific date criteria
- Provide inquiry and reporting capability for inventory transactions by item number, location, and transaction type.
- Provide reporting capability by item number (all transactions since last cycle count)
- Provide inquiry and reporting capability for inventory transaction summary by from and to dates
- Provide inquiry and reporting capability for inventory status by item number and serial number
- Provide inquiry and reporting capability for slow moving and obsolete inventory
- Provide inquiry and reporting capability for negative balance inventory and flagging upon this condition occurring
- Provide inquiry and reporting capability for shortages and backorders
- Provide capability to track items by lot or serial number
- Management of leasing and rotable spares
- Visibility and management of remote site or distributed inventories and rotable spares
- Identify type of transaction
- Identify the source of demand
- Part text files with forced viewing on screen
- System must be capable of managing harmonized part number information and integrating or maintaining harmonized information with third party (e.g.. freight forwarder)
- Multi-currency capability
- Vendor cross reference (infinite number of vendor pt. numbers) with wild-card search capability
- Internal cross-reference to vendor part numbers
- Ability to maintain files "up selling" parts based on certain other parts purchased.
- Ten year look at usage history by year and source of demand
- Inventory fields that accept part numbers and product configuration codes. Product configuration codes would allow logic behind randomly generated part numbers.
- On-line request for requisition generation and approval.
- Electronic "drop ship" capability between buyer/planner and vendors. Buyer/planner should have access to vendors' "on hand" information, launch order with "ship to" information
- Pricing (selling prices) must have ability to price given various conditions (i.e. export pricing multipliers, subsidiary pricing multipliers, domestic pricing multipliers).
- Selling prices may be controlled based on different commodity tables (for example, hydraulics carry different multipliers than "make parts" or other commercial parts).
- Bar coding of individual parts as received prior to warehousing, real time scanning, and inventory updates at picking, and real time scanning at shipping.
- Ability to label and track country of origin on parts and in operating system.
- Automated pick system sorted by grid location.
- Ability to structure material to a buy item, supporting ECN control capabilities
- Provides inquiry facility for total inventory of a style
- Provides inquiry facility for inventory of all SKUs attached to a style, display in matrix grid format
Inventory Management Features and Functions