Non Production Quality Management Features and Functions
- Document control
- Web-based routing and approval, including support for personnel outside your organization
- Corrective Actions linked to Return Authorizations
- Engineering Change Orders linked to part numbers and bills of materials
- Built in Control Plan, management and reporting
- Quick Inspections for fast, easy, accurate data entry
- Management Responsibility and Quality Policy - for defining the quality policy and conducting ongoing reviews to ensure proper implementation
- Documented procedures and work instructions that defines and documents quality system.
- Contract Review for having a documented record to which both parties have agreed assures both parties of no future misunderstandings.
- Design Control to meet the requirements of our customers and get it right the first time.
- Document and Data Control for If a change is made in a process, procedure, instruction, etc..., one must update the documents and inform all who are affected
- Purchasing - Quality maintained with the parts/components that are supplied by outside vendors.
- Control of Customer Supplied Product - by assigning a part number
- Product Identification and Traceability - allows to follow the product from inception to delivery
- Process Control to catch and fix problems early, before they affect our customers
- Inspection and Testing of the product throughout the manufacturing process
- Control of Inspection, Measuring and Test Equipment for any type of equipment must be calibrated on a regular basis and records maintained
- Inspection and Test Status to identify whether the product has passed or failed the inspection/test and indicates the proper corrective actions
- Control of Nonconforming Product to identify products which do not pass an inspection or test so they won't inadvertently be delivered to a customer.
- Corrective and Preventive Action to identify the root cause of the problem and take action to prevent it from happening again
- Control of Quality Records - To retain records that demonstrate that activities were satisfactorily carried out in accordance with the requirements quality system
- Internal Quality Audits - Review our processes and procedures on regular basis to make sure that they are being followed
- Training for all personnel in their tasks and training records are maintained
- Servicing post-sales and follow-up requirements for the product are also documented
Quality Management Features and Functions