Collaborative Project Management Features and Functions
Collaborative project management refers to a Web-based solution whose features may include project management coordination, budget tracking, team calendaring, document management, file sharing, version control, secure instant messaging, conferencing, dynamic workflow, issues tracking, in-bound e-mail issues routing, help desk, Microsoft Office Suite and Project integration, and reporting features. Relevant information is shared and exchanged between all project stakeholders via an easy-to-use Web interface, which is secured by role.
- Multiple access to tasks by project managers and and task-owners
- Real time access and updates that are viewable by all project stakeholders, though only the project manager assigns tasks, changes the scope, etc.
- Project collaboration
- Integration of projects and processes
- Tracking of real time project visibility into resources, processes, status, and dependencies
- Ability to ensure that resources are allocated appropriately and to focus on highest-priority items
- Multi-language capabilities
Project Management Type Features and Functions