Promotion Planning Features and Functions
Promotion management systems allow organizations to plan promotions with their trading partners, including simulating, executing, and evaluating the promotion performance.
Some performance planning issues to be aware of are that frequently promotion plans are not integrated into the demand streams; or promotions are launched without the requisite tracking of real-time events to monitor and modify the promotions in action, during the promotion cycle.
- Create promotion plan by product, channel, or customer
- Evaluate previous promotions based on multi-dimension criteria or confidence factors, history, etc.
- Promotion creation
- Evaluate against constraining or conflicting forecast events or activities
- Promotion performance and effectiveness analysis, including promotion, channel, sales personnel, and real-time feedback
- Rule-based promotional data creation
- Promotional scheduling--allowing the creation of promotions on effectivity dates and dimensions such as time, product, customer, and channel
- Applies learning technology like neural networks to more accurately evaluate promotional lift
- View the promotional lift "on top" of the standard demand plan (for example, what is the real benefit in units or dollars)
- Return on investment (ROI) simulation
Demand Management Features and Functions