If you have trouble reading this, please click:
http://www.technologyevaluation.com/news/20090522.html
 
NEWSLETTER
   Friday May 22, 2009 | Spotlight on Software selection | Issue 2589
The Do's and Don'ts of Successful Software Selection Projects

When it comes to making complex decisions, like selecting software, research shows that groups do a better job than individuals—if the group is set up and handled properly, that is. Today's feature blog post runs you through the do's and don'ts of group decision-making when the group's goal is to select the right software solution.

For a list of the ten easiest ways to kill a software selection project, check out today's second feature blog post. If you can manage to avoid all these common blunders, you'll have gone a very long way towards making sure your selection process ends up a success.

Today's feature white paper also takes a look at why IT projects fail, and discovers that 84% are cancelled, significantly delayed, or go over budget. Click here to find out how your IT project can be in the remaining 16% that come in on-budget and on-time.


Read the blog post: Decision Making: Why Consensus Is Important (Especially When You're Choosing Software

Read the blog post: How to Kill Your Software Selection Project in 10 Very Easy Steps

Read the white paper: How to Start and Finish a No-fail Project, Part 1: Fighting Internal Resistance

Compare ERP Solutions
To compare ERP solutions based on your organization's needs and characteristics (size, industry, business model, geographical markets, IT platform and requirements, etc.), visit TEC's ERP Evaluation Center. It's fast and easy, and you'll get the results immediately.
Compare ERP solutions now

Feature White Papers
Sage On Demand or On Premise: Understanding the Deployment Options for Your New Business Management System
MessageLabs Get More from Your IT Budget
VoIP-News 10 Questions to Ask Your Hosted IP PBX Provider, before You Sign a Contract
SAP Data Management for Business Intelligence
APC by Schneider Electric Guidelines for Specification of Data Center Power Density
Access Commerce Optimizing the Lead-to-order Process
Sterling Commerce, an AT&T company B2B E-business in the Supply Chain: New Services and Technologies Require Companies to Reevaluate Their Strategies (Case Study)
Inovis Actionable Supply Chain Intelligence: Leveraging the Services Hub
Market News

DEACOM Integrated ERP System Version 10.4 Includes Inventory, Quality Control Enhancements

Wayne, PA – Deacom, Inc. this week released the latest version of its DEACOM Integrated Accounting and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) Software System for building component and process manufacturers, rolling out significant enhancements to the integrated ERP system's material requirements planning (MRP) and quality control (QC) capabilities.


ADP Teams With Cornerstone OnDemand to Optimize Employer Talent Management Solutions Worldwide

Roseland, NJ – ADP® Employer Services, a leading provider of human resources (HR), payroll, and benefits administration services, has announced the launch of a comprehensive suite of talent management solutions to the marketplace through its relationship with leading talent management software provider Cornerstone OnDemand. This marks the expansion of ADP's global talent management solutions by offering best-in-class performance, succession management, learning, compensation, and enterprise social networking, along with powerful reporting and analytics.

Click here for more information

Webcasts / Live Events / Podcasts
Webcasts / Webinars
Title Date Time Presenter  
Ease of Use with ERP Solutions: Is That Possible?
5/26/2009
2:00 pm EST
VAI Register
Would You Like to Find Out How to Stimulate Your Business?
6/16/2009
2:00 pm CT
VAI Register

10 Questions to Ask Your Hosted IP PBX Provider
Know what to ask before you sign a contract. Click here.

Latest White Paper  New!
Business Community Management: Powering On-demand, Profitable Business Communities

Latest Blog Post  New!
To SaaS or Not, Is That a Question? - SaaSy Discussions (Part IIa)



This Newsletter (#!*REMOTE_ID*!) has reached you at !*EMAIL*!  
Thank you for reading www.technologyevaluation.com's Newsletter ISSN#1715-3263.
© 2009 Technology Evaluation Centers Inc.
740 St. Maurice · 4th floor · Montreal, Quebec · Canada · H3C 1L5
Phone: +1 514-954-3665

You have registered to www.technologyevaluation.com and requested access to our newsletter.

 How to subscribe? ( FREE ) |  How to cancel my subscription?

We thank you for your dedication as a loyal reader.

Last updated 5/21/2009 3:38:17 PM