X
Software Functionality Revealed in Detail
We’ve opened the hood on every major category of enterprise software. Learn about thousands of features and functions, and how enterprise software really works.
Get free sample report

Compare Software Solutions
Visit the TEC store to compare leading software solutions by funtionality, so that you can make accurate and informed software purchasing decisions.
Compare Now
 

 add a vendor fourth shift


Fourth Shift Corporation: Working Overtime To Provide Complete Customer Care
Fourth Shift claims to have grasped the requirements of its target market (SMEs) that wish to acquire most of their business applications from a single source

add a vendor fourth shift  old MSS product or add new modules to an existing Fourth Shift instance (70% probability). Despite favorably low market value, we believe that the company is an unlikely candidate for acquisition by a competitor within the next 2 years because of its awkwardly broad functional scope, the result of recent OEM agreements (30% probability). No major acquisitions by the company are expected in the foreseeable future either (20% probability). Instead, the focus will be on interfacing with partnered

Read More


Software Functionality Revealed in Detail

We’ve opened the hood on every major category of enterprise software. Learn about thousands of features and functions, and how enterprise software really works.

Get free sample report
Compare Software Solutions

Visit the TEC store to compare leading software by functionality, so that you can make accurate and informed software purchasing decisions.

Compare Now

Quote-to-Order (Q2O) Systems

Quote-to-order (Q2O) solutions (sometimes known as configure, price, and quote or CPQ) enable manufacturers to mobilize their mass customization initiatives. These systems can reduce time-consuming quoting and ordering processes, decrease unit costs, and lower sales costs. Q2O suites can further help enterprises increase sales effectiveness across all channels. These solutions help companies that sell complex products and services shift their focus to customer-facing sales and service issues. 

Evaluate Now

Documents related to » add a vendor fourth shift

Reconnecting with a Tried-and-True Manufacturing ERP Vendor


What has QAD, a leading provider of enterprise applications for global manufacturing companies, been up to lately? TEC principal analyst P.J. Jakovljevic reconnects with QAD and looks at how the company has leveraged strategic channels, highly scalable solutions, and technology partnerships to address the unique requirements global manufacturers and maintain a competitive position in the global manufacturing ERP market.

add a vendor fourth shift   Read More

SoftBrands to Institute Fourth Shift for SAP Business One Manufacturing Work-Plan Part Three: Market Impact


SAP seems to have grasped that the key to success in the SMB market is brand awareness and an apt product, since SMBs are looking for support from incumbent vendors, with intimate knowledge of their vertical and business processes, ample local resources, and the commitment to support them both off- and on-site to achieve value over a long-term relationship. SAP partners' solutions have been leveraged and managed through SAP Global Solutions Network, so that partners do not have to reinvent the wheel, and even unnecessarily compete in the same industries.

add a vendor fourth shift   Read More

SoftBrands to Institute Fourth Shift for SAP Business One Manufacturing Work-Plan Part One: Event Summary


As the contest for the lower-end of the market intensifies, SAP is further honing a twofold strategy of promulgating its mySAP All-in-One vertical offerings for the higher-end of the mid-market, while offering the SAP Business One product to appeal to smaller enterprises with less complex processes. SoftBrands comes to help with its Fourth Shift product to bolster long-missing manufacturing capabilities of SAP Business One, but the benefits should go both ways, once the integration materializes.

add a vendor fourth shift   Read More

SoftBrands to Institute Fourth Shift for SAP Business One Manufacturing Work-Plan Part Four: SoftBrands


This partnership provides SAP with the opportunity to further extend its reach within its large corporate customer base by serving the needs of its distant smaller plants and divisions dispersed around the globe. Thus, SAP should hereby have the wherewithal to defend its major accounts from encroachment by vendors touting low-cost, astute plant systems that "happily co-habit" with SAP.

add a vendor fourth shift   Read More

Creating a Compelling Business Case for a New HR Solution


In today’s tough business environment, businesses have to be very competitive with respect to products and services and focus on saving money at the same time. In the battle for sales and customers, the victors will be the companies using their resources to the fullest, especially their human resources. Outdated and convoluted HR technology can mean disaster for a company seeking to make employees more engaged, develop a strong enterprise culture and values, and streamline recruiting and hiring practices.

The costs and time and effort involved in upgrades and maintenance for old on-premise HR solutions can be a concern. Additionally, out-of-date HR software increases the chance of inaccurate data, and can hamper the ability to create real-time reports. It is vital to ensure access to real-time information to make more informed, proactive human resources decisions faster, meaning nimble business processes and agile technology solutions are also important considerations when selecting HR technology.

In this white paper, learn how to create a strong business case for an accessible and data-driven human capital management (HCM) solution that will help your company both today and into the future. Read more about the many obstacles facing HR and payroll teams in the current business environment, and how the new class of HCM/HR features can help overcome them.

add a vendor fourth shift   Read More

Business Agility for Communication Service Providers: A Few Simple Steps Are a Great Way to Start


In today’s market, customers have no patience for companies that let their size and complex product lines slow them down. The challenge for communication service providers (CSPs) is to leverage their size and complex service offerings to keep pace with competitors. Discover how a next-generation configuration solution can provide you with the tools and the service agility you need to meet and exceed customer expectations.

add a vendor fourth shift   Read More

Last Call - 12th Vendor Shootout for ERP - Dallas, TX: 12-13 Oct 2011


The 12th Vendor Shootout for ERP. Dallas, Texas, USA. October 12-13, 2011. Dallas Marriott Quorum. Manufacturers and distributors:There are only a ...

add a vendor fourth shift   Read More

Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)-A Critical Component of Enterprise Business Intelligence (BI)


The wise enterprise recognizes the need for objective metrics and measurements and for its users to establish metrics to monitor and manage results at every level in the organization. To meet these goals, an enterprise must select a sophisticated BI solution with powerful KPI and other BI and CPM features that are simple enough for every user and accessible from within and outside the walls of the enterprise. See how.

add a vendor fourth shift   Read More

Selecting a PLM Vendor


PLM enterprise applications should not be selected in a vacuum. The needs and requirements of multiple departments and even business partners must be represented in the documented requirements and also on the selection team, which should attempt to examine different functions and methods involved in critical areas.

add a vendor fourth shift   Read More

Configuration Guide: Managing Virtual Servers Using a Virtual Machine Manager and a Clustered File System


Virtual data centers must enable increased physical server use and central management of virtual machine infrastructure. A clustered file system, with a virtual machine manager (VMM), can add critical new management and migration capability to current virtual servers. Before installing and configuring VMM, find out the hardware and software required for migration and integration, and helpful “how-to” pointers.

add a vendor fourth shift   Read More