X
Software Functionality Revealed in Detail
We’ve opened the hood on every major category of enterprise software. Learn about thousands of features and functions, and how enterprise software really works.
Get free sample report

Compare Software Solutions
Visit the TEC store to compare leading software solutions by funtionality, so that you can make accurate and informed software purchasing decisions.
Compare Now
 

 market percentage of baan


Market Impact of Lawson-Intentia Merger
The Lawson and Intentia merger might create a much-needed, strong statement for the market, and provide the mid-market with more options. It may also decrease

market percentage of baan  Impact of Lawson-Intentia Merger Market Impact While we do not indulge in speculating who is likely to merge with whom in the highly tectonic enterprise applications market, we have to admit that the merger of Lawson Software , Inc . (NASDAQ: LWSN) with Intentia International AB (XSSE: INT B) had not crossed our mind before it actually happened. (For details on the merger announcement, see New Lawson Software's Transatlantic Extended-ERP Intentions ). The move was quite a surprise, since both Lawson

Read More


Software Functionality Revealed in Detail

We’ve opened the hood on every major category of enterprise software. Learn about thousands of features and functions, and how enterprise software really works.

Get free sample report
Compare Software Solutions

Visit the TEC store to compare leading software by functionality, so that you can make accurate and informed software purchasing decisions.

Compare Now

Enterprise Marketing Management (EMM)

The Enterprise Marketing Management (EMM) Knowledge Base research helps determine support levels of various systems that help companies market their services or products effectively and efficiently. EMM tools help manage strategic planning and marketing resources (sometimes referred to as marketing resource management or MRM). This KB also covers rule-based techniques, pattern recognition, and other profiling features.  

Evaluate Now

Documents related to » market percentage of baan

Solving Enterprise Problems: The Fully-integrated Solution of IQMS


Though superficially, IQMS, a small, quiet ERP provider, may be similar to its competitors, by offering fully-integrated applications and services that are typically expected from larger tier one vendors, IQMS has truly differentiated itself in the market.

market percentage of baan  with targeting a niche market of repetitive manufacturing, particularly for the injection plastics molding/extruding and rubber industries, this Paso Robles, California (US) company has other notable features. In particular, what may be true distinguishing is that IQMS offers applications and services typically expected from much larger, tier one vendors—often going beyond. Namely, the product is so complete that it does not involve third-party products (other than some reporting facilities). Its Read More

PeopleSoft: Giving Fervent Hope To The Market And Jitters To The Competition. Part 2: The Implications


PeopleSoft has joined the elite group of vendors that can deliver a majority of the components of a complete e-business framework. If one considers all aspects of a CRM or SCM evaluation, PeopleSoft has earned the license to be evaluated along with market leaders.

market percentage of baan  of hope for the market in these otherwise dismal times that have seen many software vendors disappear, downgrade earnings, or otherwise struggle. Possibly more encouraging is PeopleSoft's upbeat prediction for the rest of the year, optimism only a few of its competitors can currently exhibit. PeopleSoft has expanded much beyond its kernel Human Resource (HR) applications, with a broad product portfolio that might sell well in a number of geographic areas and/or industries. But PeopleSoft did not abandon Read More

Essential ERP - Current Market Trends - Part II


ERP applications are designed to optimize an organization’s underlying business processes — primarily accounting/financial, manufacturing, distribution, and human resources/payroll. This note identifies current trends in the ERP market that we believe are the direct consequence of vendors’ attempts to 1) resolve current ERP functional and/or technological deficiencies, and/or 2) expand software sales both within their existing and potential customer bases.

market percentage of baan  financial performance and undervalued market capitalization but with a large customer base and a deep focus and expertise in a certain industry. This should not necessarily be a bad thing for current users of those products. The acquirer will either continue product development and support of the acquired product (40% probability) or offer a relatively attractive migration path to its product (35% probability). However, there is a 25% probability that the acquirer is only interested in milking the Read More

Ross Systems, Inc.: In Process of Renaissance


Over past two decades, Ross Systems has delivered strong back-office functionality and good customer support within certain industries; it is considered a leader in native process manufacturing functionality. The company has also expanded its online operations through its RenaissanceLink software application portal and its Ross Systems E-Commerce order management software subsidiary. However, its financial position for the last 18 months has eroded due to the combined effects of decreased license revenue and investment in R&D.

market percentage of baan  from outside the US market (60% probability). We believe that Ross may be acquired within the next 18 months (40% probability). Potential acquirers could include Computer Associates (for which it would provide an established service revenue stream), ABB or Honeywell (for which it would provide back-office ERP capability), and PeopleSoft, Great Plains or Lawson Software (for which it would provide a product with a strong manufacturing and distribution functionality). Vendor Recommendations Ross Systems Read More

Survey of SMB Manufacturers: Results Show ERP Contributes to Success


Sage North America today announced the results of a snapshot survey of small to medium business (SMB) manufacturers on the general health of their businesses and use of their enterprise resource planning (ERP) system. Check out Sage's infographic. In sum, SMB manufacturers have added jobs, are more optimistic than not about the economy, and believe that their ERP system has helped serve

market percentage of baan   Read More

The Role of Sales Training Requirements Definition and Requests for Proposals in the Success of Technology Companies


The first step in choosing an effectiveness service provider (ESP) that best meets your company's needs is to develop a requirements definition. When used as a request for proposal, the requirements definition can be a powerful evaluation and negotiation tool.

market percentage of baan  to adapt to changing market conditions, such as how to win against a specific, tough competitor that introduces a new product). However, a sales training company, (or effectiveness solutions provider (ESP), may not be the same company that consulted with them on the installation of their methodology or even provided the strategic training. ESP Evaluation and Selection With that in mind, once you determine that you need sales training for your organization, the next step is to develop a set of Read More

Software-as-a-service ERP versus On-premise ERP through the Lens of Total Cost of Ownership


This IDC white paper looks at the growing applicability of software as a service (SaaS) for enterprise-level business applications, and analyzes the adoption rate and total cost of ownership (TCO) of this technological approach. Download this white paper to find out how a hosted option can drive significant cost savings, reduce initial implementation times, and bring new functionality with relative ease and convenience.

market percentage of baan  saas tco,total cost of ownership of cloud erp,erp and erp,on erp,erp erp,erp is,the erp,why erp,erp,erp and,about saas,why saas,saas,software as a service software,what is software as a service Read More

Brain of Supply Chain System


Advanced planning and optimization makes supply chain systems cost effective. It is the brain of the supply chain because it works on top of all other software tools that plan, monitor, and control supply chain activities and control them.

market percentage of baan  Advanced planning and optimization,APO,enterprise resource planning,supply chain management,customer relationship management,advance planning,advance scheduling,optimization,capacity,constraints Read More

The Future of Talent Management: Underlying Drivers of Change


The next generation of talent management practices and solutions will largely be driven by economic evolution, demographic changes, and technology advancements. These factors are dramatically influencing the way people work, the way companies are organized, and the way talent is managed. This paper explores how current business and talent management processes and technology must evolve in order to effectively deliver business value in the next 5 to 10 years.

market percentage of baan  talent management,Oracle HCM,talent management process,human capital management,talent management trends Read More

Mid-market Strategies: Innovation for the Midsize Enterprise


Small and midsize companies must improve their decision-making abilities to respond quickly to changing market conditions—and compete with larger competitors. Better decision making means having the right insight into the right information. Performance management solutions can help by linking strategy with execution so managers have the insight to grow revenue, reduce operating costs, and improve processes. Learn more.

market percentage of baan  respond quickly to changing market conditions—and compete with larger competitors. Better decision making means having the right insight into the right information. Performance management solutions can help by linking strategy with execution so managers have the insight to grow revenue, reduce operating costs, and improve processes. Learn more. Read More

Dynamic Best Practices of Vulnerability Management


Vulnerability management, the discovery of vulnerabilities and assessment of the risk to the network, is a critical part of both the security and business landscape that any company’s security team needs to understand and implement for long-term success. But companies that rely totally on signature-based defenses can be helpless against many threats. Find out how to reduce risks by identifying and eliminating weaknesses.

market percentage of baan  portfolio of technology and market forecasts, trackers, surveys, and Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) , return on investment (ROI) , selection and migration tools. Decision instruments provide our clients the data required to compare, evaluate or justify strategic and tactical decisions a hands-on perspective of yesterday, today and tomorrow shaped and delivered through original research, in-depth market knowledge and the unparalleled insight of a Yankee Group analyst. Trackers Trackers enable accurate, Read More

Is Baan Clinically Dead?


On January 4, 2000 Baan, Europe's No. 2 business software company, sank deeper into trouble as its CEO resigned and it forecast a fourth quarter loss of $240 million to $250 million after restructuring. Its shares plunged over 30 percent as analysts cut recommendations on the loss-making vendor, which has yet to name a replacement for Mary Coleman, who is returning to her Silicon Valley home after taking charge only last May.

market percentage of baan  million was already below market forecasts, but its chief financial officer Jim Mooney said in November that the company planned to get back in the black in 2000, even allowing for a shift in its product pricing. I'm really surprised by Coleman's departure because [investors and customers] had perceived Coleman as very positive for the shareholders, said Jeroen van Harten, an analyst at Rabo Securities. Some analysts saw Baan as a possible takeover target if its stock were to weaken to around its Read More

Challenges of the Future: The Rebirth of Small Independent Retail in America


By any measure, retailers are overwhelming small businesses. More than 95 percent of all retailers have only one store. Almost 90 percent have sales less than $2.5 million (USD), and more than 98 percent have fewer than 100 employees. To compete, small businesses need to be innovative, and understand both personalization and value, and how to execute best practices to build success.

market percentage of baan  wine business. There is market consolidation of distributors. There are also all kinds of regulatory hurdles one has to overcome just to do the simplest of things. We have to look at all of this all the time. As an independent that is in a stage of expanding the business, I feel we have to watch and stay on top of everything more now than ever. There is no such thing as micro-managing. Yes, you have to delegate and give your people the ability to grow but that does not mean you don't have to watch Read More

TEC's BI State of the Market Report


You'll find all this and much more in TEC's new BI state of the market report.

market percentage of baan  BI State of the Market Report Would you like to learn more about business intelligence (BI) 2.0, and how it can help you make better business decisions? Get the skinny on mashups—and why they are becoming such a popular and powerful BI tool. You'll find all this—and much more—in TEC's new BI State of the Market Report . In this informative report on what's new and hot in BI, you'll also find BI case studies expert analysis of BI trends a look at how to successfully market online what to look for in Read More