Home
 > search for

Featured Documents related to »  same as you


BI and BPM: It’s Not as Blurry as You Think
There seems to be a blurry line between business intelligence (BI) and business performance management (BPM) applications. Some software vendors offer solutions

same as you  and BI within the same application, which makes it harder to distinguish between these two software solutions. The following are some—certainly not all—key differentiators between BI and/or BPM functionality that could help you have a better understanding of BI and BPM tools. The Defined Line Between BI and BPM BI : BI tools enable organizations to analyze high volumes of information in order to have effective support during the decision-making process. In a way, BI tools are meant to be used as Read More...
Software Test Tools
Tools exist to support software testing at all stages of a project. Some vendors offer an integrated suite that will support testing and development throughout a project's life, from gatheri...
Start evaluating software now
Country:

 Security code
Already have a TEC account? Sign in here.
 
Don't have a TEC account? Register here.

Documents related to » same as you


You Still Need ERP, Even If Naysayers Say You Don’t
After coming across the Forbes article The End Of ERP and quite a few spin-off articles about the imminent death of ERP, I became somewhat concerned about how

same as you  do not have the same native experience as their product-centric competitors. That said, it is unrealistic to expect ERP vendors, even tier-one vendors such as SAP or Oracle, to allow for every contingency. This is what primarily led these large vendors to establish a technological base that favors connectivity to outside solutions, allowing a significant number of software vendors (and not necessarily partners) to design integrative tools in order to sell their solutions. Business needs will evolve with Read More...
Tier 3 And Tier 4 ... Where Do You Go If You Don't Know, What You Don't Know.
If you are an executive in a Tier 3 or Tier 4 manufacturing company and you have wondered where to start, whom to call, what questions to ask, this article is

same as you  $80,000 for essentially the same major features. There are subtle differences in the details workings of the system. After all, the devil is in the details. To compound the issue, the customer could purchase the system on a per user basis and should expect prices to range from $1,000 to almost $5,800 per user. Sadly, more money spent only means one thing for certain. More money spent. Add in the annual maintenance ranging from 12 21% of the software list price or purchase price depending on the product. Read More...
6 Ways Vendors Are Talking At You Instead of To You


same as you  nor effective. Shouldn't the same rule apply to other communications? Apparently not, it would seem. Vendor Web sites are chock full of unsupported claims that sound good, but don't mean much. For example, almost every vendor's site claims that the vendor is an industry leader. But what does that mean? How is it measured? Who decides? And more to the point, if every vendor is an industry leader, is that claim really going to help you decide? What you want to know is what sets the vendor apart, and how Read More...
The AS/400 Takes You Securely Where You Want to Go
This article on the built-in security features of the AS/400 system originally appeared in the Midrange Computing’s Showcase Magazine, June 2000.

same as you  detection system, in the same manner as other networked multi-user systems. However, network security should never replace host security, and therefore how to implement sound host security on your AS/400 is something worth understanding. You probably won't want to turn your AS/400 into a firewall, even though an add-on package exists for doing so. As well, you're not going to want to use IBM's SecureWay firewall since it was recently announced that the SecureWay's development will be discontinued. Though Read More...
Do You Need a State-of-the-art ERP Solution?
As your company grows, you must continually evaluate whether your work processes and IT solutions can solve your problems and help grow your business. By

same as you  and report on the same data? Does it use process flows to ensure a logical, controlled sequencing of activities for each procedure and control to eliminate finance-related problems? Validation —If your organization must address 21 CFR Part II, you will need to validate your processes to associated software functionality. Does your solution vendor offer customizable validation scripts that describe various process controls deployed by the application?   2. Do you need to streamline your operations to Read More...
Data Storage in the Cloud--Can You Afford Not To?
In Data Storage in the Cloud Can You Afford Not To?

same as you  data storage cloud afford,data,storage,cloud,afford,storage cloud afford,data cloud afford,data storage afford,data storage cloud. Read More...
Intentia: Java Evolution From AS/400
Movex Ver. 11 NextGen is the first ERP software written entirely in Java. Nevertheless, we believe that AS/400 products will still contribute more than 70% of

same as you  license revenue within the same time frame (75% probability). Within the next 3 years, 25% of total Intentia revenues will come from the North American market (70% probability). Vendor Recommendations Further expand its North American presence, both by opening new offices and developing new affiliate partnerships, and step up its marketing campaign in the North American market. Consider acquiring or partnering with affiliates of languishing competitors with a similar product focus, e.g. SSA. Increase Read More...
Software as a Service’ (SaaS) Right for Your Organization
Ten years ago, very few managers would consider “subscribing” to their mission critical technology solutions over the Internet, as they would subscribe to cable

same as you  telephone services. Today, these same managers are realizing the substantial cost savings and productivity increases that the software as a service (SaaS) deployment option can bring to their organizations. Read More...
What Screen-scraping Vendors Don't Want You to Know
This white paper focuses on a side of screen-scraping that vendors won't talk about. It details four drawbacks to screen-scraping that you won't discover until

same as you  modernization,screen-scraping,application modernization Read More...
Human Capital as a Force Multiplier
It can be easy to group “people, process, and technology” together as equal concepts. In reality, however, people, process, and technology do not carry equal

same as you  do not require the same type or degree of attention to succeed. Indeed, an organization’s people inevitably serve as a “force multiplier” for the other two elements. Read More...
SynQuest Ships Manufacturing Software for AS/400
SynQuest, Inc. with help from IBM makes good on its promise to deliver an AS/400-based version of its manufacturing software.

same as you  Ships Manufacturing Software for AS/400 SynQuest Ships Manufacturing Software for AS/400 S. McVey - April 18th, 2000 Event Summary SynQuest, Inc. recently shipped its supply chain management software for IBM AS/400e servers to a division of Chesapeake Corporation, a $1.2 billion provider of specialty packaging and merchandising services. Following a port begun last November, SynQuest Manufacturing Manager software for the AS/400 includes advanced planning and scheduling capabilities that are Read More...
You Say RFI, I Say Riffy: Why You and Your Vendor Need to Speak the Same Language
When ideas fail, words come in very handy. - Johann Wolfgang von GoetheSoftware Selection PitfallsQuick, what’s the number-one pitfall of the software

same as you  Need to Speak the Same Language When ideas fail, words come in very handy. - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe Software Selection Pitfalls Quick, what’s the number-one pitfall of the software selection process? If you said “budget, buy-in, and boardroom politics,” you’re wrong. Because that’s three pitfalls. We’ll get into those another time. Miscommunication, on the other hand, will torpedo your software selection project faster than a Mark 46. Here’s a great example, from Fatal Flaws and Read More...
Should You Keep or Replace Your Legacy ERP Software? Here’s How to Decide
Not sure if you should hang on to your legacy ERP system or give it the boot? Find out, as TEC analyst Philippe Reney looks at the pros and cons of buying new

same as you  significant upgrade with the same due diligence that you would for a new solution. Having said that, there are some distinct advantages to upgrading versus adopting a new solution: 1.  Familiarity : Having a long-standing relationship with an ERP vendor means that you are familiar with the way the vendor operates (this is also known as the Devil you know argument). Your vendor also has a good understanding of your organization, which will help you evaluate the complexities of an upgrade. In the event Read More...

Recent Searches
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z Others